In addition to encouraging believers to pray for the Lord to release a greater measure of the Spirit with His gifts, fruit and wisdom on the church, I also encourage people to pray apostolic prayers and/or to remind God of biblical promises when interceding for a kingdom victory over cultural strongholds in society that are caused by persistent sin and demonic spirits.
- Justice issues. Pray for a greater release of God's power, love and provision in relation to abortion, human trafficking, genocide, economic slavery, injustice, etc.
- Crisis events. Pray for a greater release of God's power, love and provision in relation to catastrophic events in nature (weather, earthquakes, famines, wars, plagues, etc.).
- Political issues. Pray for the government, especially political and civic issues (1 Tim. 2:1). Ask the Lord to put the person of His choice into office. Ask Him to inspire leaders to make choices for righteousness and to stop unjust policies, appointments, laws, etc.
- Economic issues. Pray for a greater release of God's power, blessing, creative wisdom and provision with regard to marketplace assignments and for an end to economic crisis.
- Family issues. Pray for a greater release of God's love, wisdom and power with regard to the fatherless, youth issues, marriages, divorce, domestic violence, widows, the elderly, the disabled, etc.
- Media issues. Pray for the Lord to raise up media messengers with prophetic ideas and creative wisdom about how to do the work of the kingdom through media. Ask Him to silence the violence, sexual perversion and occult themes that are flooding the media channels today.
- Educational issues. Pray that God's favor and blessing, with righteousness and excellence, be released in our educational institutions, on teachers and in classrooms.