Leviticus 25:47-27:13 We used to sing the song, "There Shall Be Showers of Blessing." This passage in Leviticus tells of the showers of God's blessings that will flow from His throne room upon us. However, all the blessings listed here are conditional. Most of the promises of God are conditional. He promises so much in His Word to us, but for the promises to be fulfilled in our lives we have a part. Both the Old Testament and New Testament have the same main condition expressed for the fulfillment of the blessings and promises. The condition we must meet is to walk in God's ways and keep His commandments.
In the New Testament Jesus gives only two commandments that we must fulfill: To love the Lord God with all of our hearts, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. All the Law, Jesus says, is based on these two commandments. The good news is that Jesus came to fulfill the Law so that we now are capable in His strength of obeying the Law. Many people claim the promises of God without fulfilling the conditions.
Listen to all the blessings that will come to those who walk in God's ways and keep His commandments to obey them.
1. Rain in due season (Lev. 26:4)
2. Fruitful land (Lev. 26:4)
3. Fruitful trees (Lev. 26:4)
4. Abundance—vintage crops (Lev. 26:5)
5. Plenty of bread to eat (Lev. 26:5)
6. Safety (Lev. 26:5)
7. Peace in the land (Lev. 26:6)
8. No fear of enemies (Lev. 26:6)
9. Evil beast will not be a threat (Lev. 26:6)
10. The sword of enemies will not be a threat (Lev. 26:6)
11. Victory over enemies (Lev. 26:7)
12. Old things will pass away and newness will replace it (Lev. 26:8)
13. Fertility (Lev. 26:9)
14. God's presence (Lev. 26:11)
15. God's favor (Lev. 26:12)
What a list of blessings! This list challenges me to walk in the ways of the Lord every day. When the Lord is our shepherd, goodness and mercy will always follow us. Let this be your prayer today:
Lord, lead me in Your paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Teach me Your ways that I might fear and glorify Your name today.
READ: Leviticus 25:47-27:13; Mark 10:32-52; Psalm 45:1-17; Proverbs 10:22