I recently posted 10 dangerous paradigms in the church. Obviously, there are positive mind-sets in the church also. I've decided to share some from the perception of a pastor.
Here are 10 positive paradigms in the church.
1. "We can do it, Pastor." The "can do" attitude. Who can't work with that?
2. "Jesus will make a way." So, if that's your paradigm, then all we have to do is follow Him ... right?
3. "It's not about me." Wow! To hear someone say that ... it makes a pastor's day.
4. "Let's walk by faith." Yes, let's do. Without faith, it's impossible to please God. At least, according to the Bible.
5. "What can I do to help?" Imagine if everyone showed up at church ready to do whatever it took to make the day work. Just imagine. We can dream, can't we?
6. "We need some change around here." I think we do. I think you're right. I think I'll clone you. Sustained momentum always requires change. Always.
7. "I know we need to talk about money." You do? Really? You recognize it takes money to operate a church? Wow! Are you contagious?
8. "It's none of my business." Okay, this is a tough one, but seriously: Is it? Do you really need to know everything, or do you just like information? I wonder if we moved forward with less information, if we would be closer to walking by faith ... which, in essence, means going without seeing. Just wondering.
9. "I'm excited about trying something new." By excited, do you also mean you'll support it? And speak positively about it? Even behind the pastor's back? Because if you do, I'm gonna hug you. Seriously.
10. "This church is awesome!" It's simple, but it builds momentum. Believing in the church, its leadership and its potential is a key to welcoming people who will later feel likewise.
As a pastor, these are 10 positive paradigms I would share. I realize they aren't for everyone. But which one would you most like to see as a pastor? What positive church paradigm would you add to my list?
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com. Ron Edmondson is a pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Ky. He is also a church leadership consultant who is passionate about planting churches, helping established churches thrive and assisting pastors and those in ministry think through leadership, strategy and life. Prior to ministry, Ron had more than 20 years of business experience, mostly as a self-employed business owner. Follow Ron on Facebook, Twitter, and his blog at ronedmondson.com.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?