- Buy a pair a shoes for a friend or family member from Tom's Shoes. With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need.
- Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity for a person in need. Join in the fight against poverty housing and homelessness around the world!
- Volunteer at your local homeless shelter. Homeless shelters welcome volunteers and have a variety of programs through which you can get involved.
- Make a double batch of cookies the next time you bake and share with a friend or neighbor to brighten their day.
- Help others learn to read by volunteering as a tutor to help illiterate children and adults with Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. Help transform someone's life today by teaching this important and necessary skill.
- Offer to babysit, sometimes parents need a break. If a friend or other loved one in your life doesn't get that chance very often, call them and offer to babysit sometime. It can make a big difference.
- Save a life by giving blood. The American Red Cross estimates that "every two seconds someone in America needs blood" and over 4 million Americans donate to the cause. To learn more about donating blood visit your local American Red Cross.
- Clean out the garage. No doubt you've got a garage or basement full of stuff you've been meaning to get rid of. Consider having a garage sale and donating the proceeds to a local charity, food pantry or ministry.
- For those who like to knit and crochet: Knit for Kids has a program to supply sweaters for children of poverty all over the world.
- Many senior citizen centers offer volunteer programs to provide friendship and community activities to senior citizens. Call your local senior citizen center and volunteer your time.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!
NEW from CHARISMA: Do you want to encounter the Holy Spirit and hear God speak to you? Increase your faith, discover freedom, and draw near to God! Click Here