- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm (Psalms 37:8).
- A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, and a man of wicked intentions is hated (Proverbs 14:17).
- He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, but he who is impulsive exalts folly (Proverbs 14:29).
- A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1).
- He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city (Proverbs 16:32).
- The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, and his glory is to overlook a transgression (Proverbs 19:11).
- Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go,
Lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul (Proverbs 22:24-25).
- But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire (Matthew 5:22).
- "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil (Ephesians 4:26-27).
- Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you (Ephesians 4:31-32).
- So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20).
- But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth (Colossians 3:8).
- Do not say, "I will recompense evil"; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you (Proverbs 20:22).
- A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back (Proverbs 29:11).
- But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient (2Timothy 2:23-24).
- Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing (1Peter 3:8-9).
- For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you (Matthew 6:14).
- Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, for anger rests in the bosom of fools (Ecclesiastes 7:9).
- ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD (Leviticus 19:17-18).
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?