There’s good news and bad news for local congregations supported by tithes and offerings. Although some churches are reporting a growth in offerings, others are still feeling the recessionary pinch in 2011.
- 71% of pastors are meeting or exceeding budgets
- 50% say more members are volunteering
- 48% report more members have lost jobs
- 22% of pastors report lower offerings
- 15% are delaying construction projects
- 10% are delaying hiring
Source: LifeWay Research
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!