There’s good news and bad news for local congregations supported by tithes and offerings. Although some churches are reporting a growth in offerings, others are still feeling the recessionary pinch in 2011.
- 71% of pastors are meeting or exceeding budgets
- 50% say more members are volunteering
- 48% report more members have lost jobs
- 22% of pastors report lower offerings
- 15% are delaying construction projects
- 10% are delaying hiring
Source: LifeWay Research
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?