There’s good news and bad news for local congregations supported by tithes and offerings. Although some churches are reporting a growth in offerings, others are still feeling the recessionary pinch in 2011.
- 71% of pastors are meeting or exceeding budgets
- 50% say more members are volunteering
- 48% report more members have lost jobs
- 22% of pastors report lower offerings
- 15% are delaying construction projects
- 10% are delaying hiring
Source: LifeWay Research
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Dare to go deeper in your faith. Our "Life in the Spirit" devotional takes you on a journey to explore who the Holy Spirit is, how to interact with Him, and how He works in your life. Are you ready to go deeper?