There’s good news and bad news for local congregations supported by tithes and offerings. Although some churches are reporting a growth in offerings, others are still feeling the recessionary pinch in 2011.
- 71% of pastors are meeting or exceeding budgets
- 50% say more members are volunteering
- 48% report more members have lost jobs
- 22% of pastors report lower offerings
- 15% are delaying construction projects
- 10% are delaying hiring
Source: LifeWay Research
For the month of August we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of Charisma. Join us for giveaways each weekday, pages from our past, and more. We're including an anniversary special where you can get 40 issues of Charisma for only $40!