- Be ready and accepting of change. Change is inevitable in today's work environment. Be ready for it instead of resisting it. Accept what you can't change.
- Don't panic if you are laid off. With corporate downsizing, global market changes, outsourcing and so on, people lose their jobs even when they do well at them. Remember, God is your provider.
- Explore fields that are growing. Skill development makes you more marketable. If you haven't already done so, get a quality education.
- Be a good steward of your finances. Don't spend beyond your means or rack up credit-card debt. Put money away for a difficult time.
- Maximize your work time. Be clear on what is expected so you know how you will be evaluated. Minimize distractions.
- Have integrity on the job. Do not compromise your beliefs, and line up your behavior according to biblical directives.
- Be balanced. Have a life after work that involves relaxation, family, friends and a vibrant spiritual walk. Don't let go of your sense of humor. It relieves stress.
- Don't easily take offense. People in the workplace won't always behave properly. Offer forgiveness even when it isn't requested. You be the model of Christ! Your influence could make a difference.
If you need additional help, pick up a copy of Breaking Free From Anger and Unforgiveness. Stress will never disappear, but our reaction to it can be godly.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!