Join us on our new podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
We are thrilled to have joined with other intercessors around the country and perhaps the world who were praying for their release.
The Global Vision
The watch draws those from far and near. Bonnie and I are never quite sure whom we'll find there to pray with us when we arrive.
People have heard of the miraculous answers to prayer that have resulted from these all-night prayer meetings, and those who are in desperate need of a touch from the Lord just show up. When the time is right, we pray for them.
Our all-night prayer meetings, which began in Charlotte, North Carolina, are now being held in various cities and in other nations. Prayer warriors from all parts of the globe communicate with us via telephone, mail, fax and the Internet. We're all crying out to God for an outpouring of His Spirit.
As we commit to pray in a corporate manner, we will usher in a revival that will spread out from our cities into the nations, maybe leading to restoration and perhaps even reformation. Sustained, concerted, corporate, concentrated prayer will lead to sustained, glorious, spreading, strong, citywide, nationwide, worldwide revival.
That's what Bonnie and I are committed to seeing on the earth today. Our vision for the Watch of the Lord is bigger than a simple all-night prayer meeting in Charlotte, it is as big as the world.
It's not a heavy yoke. It's a thrilling experience to be watchmen on the wall of prayer.
Mahesh and Bonnie Chavda pastor All Nations Church in Charlotte, N.C. Internationally respected, this husband-and-wife team has seen thousands of miraculous healings as a result of their ministry. They are the authors of Watch of the Lord (Creation House).
Rewards of the Watch
We fast from sleep; we fast from food; we fast from our own agendas and doing what we want to do during the watch time. Isaiah 58 lists the rewards of the fast God acknowledges:
- The bonds of wickedness will be cut (v. 6).
- The oppressed will go free (v. 6).
- The yokes of oppression will be broken (v. 6).
- Your light shall break forth like a daily sunrise (v. 8).
- Healing will come speedily (v. 8).
- Your righteousness will be your reputation preceding you (v. 8).
- The glory of the Lord shall follow and guard you (v. 8).
- Your prayer will be answered immediately (v. 9).
- The Lord will manifest Himself in your midst (v. 9).
- Your light will shine in the midst of darkness (v. 10).
- Your darkest times will still be like noonday sun (v. 10).
- You will have continual guidance from the Lord (v. 11).
- You will be full in time of leanness (v. 11).
- You will be filled with strength in the very center of your life (v. 11).
- The Holy Spirit will water you and make you fruitful and beautiful (v. 11).
- The Holy Spirit will fill you daily and make you like a spring that never runs dry (v. 11).
- You will be a repairer of the breach, a restorer of streets in which to dwell (v. 12).
- You will be delighted with God (v. 14).
- You will have authority with those in authority and have power in difficult times (v. 14).
- << Previous
- Continue reading
For the month of August we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!