Is watching the news leaving you feeling fearful these days? There's no shortage of stories in the media, including the coronavirus pandemic, or events in our daily lives that can strike fear in our hearts. We all battle fear at different points in our lives.
What do you do with your fear? Do you keep it bottled up and let it fester inside of you? Or do you take time to talk to the Lord about your fears, cares and worries? He can handle them.
Life can seem scary sometimes, but we don't have to panic or be paralyzed by fear. When I'm feeling afraid, I find comfort in remembering how mighty God is and that He is in control. Nothing surprises Him.
I also read and reread certain Bible verses to remind myself of God's promises. Here are just a few of my favorite verses to combat fear. I pray you will meditate on these verses, and believe and receive them for yourself. May you be filled with courage as you declare God's Word over your life:
- The Lord is with me: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10).
- The Lord is my refuge: "The Lord is my pillar, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower" (Ps. 18:2).
- Jesus gives me peace: "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).
- Jesus is trustworthy: "'Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God. Believe also in Me'" (John 14:1)
- Jesus has overcome the world: "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer. I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).
May your faith arise and may you be at peace knowing that God loves you. He is greater than anything you will ever face, and He is closer than you think.
Nancy Gavilanes is a prolific writer, sought-after speaker and a passionate evangelist and life coach with a heart for encouraging and inspiring women and men to grow in their faith, discover their calling and live their God-given dreams. Nancy is the author of By Faith, Crossing Your Jordan River, Abounding Faith and Waiting on God Well. She empowers and equips people through Abounding Faith's uplifting books, events, the Abounding Faith for Today podcast, videos and more. Connect with Abounding Faith by joining the free mailing list and receive a copy of the free "7 Journal Writing Prompts to Fuel Your Faith" PDF. Find Nancy at aboundingfaith.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.