The SpiritLed Woman podcast is empowering women weekly to follow their purpose in Christ and boldly walk in faith. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
1. You matter. Being a good mom is important, especially for the impact you have on your child. You are significant not because of what you do but because of who you are.
2. You are wonderful. When you see yourself as God sees you, you don’t have to worry about an identity crisis. You are His child. You have amazing strengths that are unique to you.
3. You can succeed. When you take time to explore your dreams and dare to grow by trusting God to help you, you become more of the person He designed you to be. You also become a gift to those around you, including your child.
4. You are loved.Intimacy means connecting with someone who touches your heart—through communication, time spent together and love shared. True intimacy is found when you connect with those who appreciate you for you.
5. You are smart. We receive instruction from school, through special training and from life. Focus on being instructed by those who want you to succeed and are willing to help you.
6. You can’t do it alone. Every mom needs a support system—friends, parents, teachers and mentors. Also, if we ask for His help, God never makes us struggle alone. His help may bring another person into our life. It may be giving us the courage to deal with our bad habits or to get out of a destructive relationship. His help may be providing the strength to attend school, to work and to take care of a baby. Jesus is available 24/7. Just ask.
7. You need to recharge. We can’t work 100 percent of the time. Everyone needs to enjoy life and rest. When God created the world, He worked for six days, then rested on the seventh. He didn’t need to take that long. He didn’t need a day off. He did it as an example for us. God created within us the need to balance our work with rest. This includes a physical breather—actually setting aside a day for recreation. We don’t need to feel guilty for the way we were made. Taking time for recreation is just as important as taking time to meet our other needs!
8. You can’t do it all. Perspective means focusing on what will last—especially our family and relationships. They are the things we will never regret giving our time, energy and love to. Focus on those.
9. You matter. Everyone needs to feel that what they do is important. If you ever doubt if you are important, just look into the face of your child. No one can take your place!
Tricia Goyerhas written more than 35 books, including novels that delight and entertain readers and nonfiction titles that offer encouragement and hope. She has also published more than 500 articles in national publications such as Guideposts, Thriving Family, Proverbs 31, and HomeLife magazine.
Best Magazine Deal. Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, SpiritLed Woman and Ministry Today, all for $24. YES - I want this deal!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click Here to draw closer to God!