The SpiritLed Woman podcast is empowering women weekly to follow their purpose in Christ and boldly walk in faith. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
- "I believe in you."
- "It’s a blessing to be your mom/dad (grandma, aunt)."
- "I love you." Then be specific: "I love your smile (energy, caring heart, etc.)."
- "I noticed ... (you got your homework done, you have a new friend). That’s what I call responsibility (kindness, other character quality)."
- "Keep up the good work. You’re making progress!"
- "If more kids were like you, this world would be a better place."
- "There is a bright future ahead for you."
- "Thanks for what you did (helping, doing chores, doing homework, etc.)."
- "If all the 8-year-old girls (use child’s age) were lined up from all over the world and I could only pick one, I’d pick you."
- "I admire or am proud of you for (name a specific quality or trait)."
10 Negative Phrases Not to Say Because They Tear Kids Down:
- "You’re no good; you’ll never amount to anything."
- "If you don’t stop doing that, I’m going to leave you here (or go home without you)."
- "Why can’t you be more like your brother/sister?"
- "I can’t stand you."
- "You are so much trouble."
- "I can’t wait until you’re grown up and out of here."
- "Don’t you ever listen? Where are your brains?"
- "What’s wrong with you?"
- "You are stupid."
- "You’re giving me a headache (or stressing me out)."
Cheri Fuller is an inspirational speaker and award-winning author of The One Year Book of Praying Through the Bible (Tyndale) and 41 other books. For her resources, visit cherifuller.com.
Readers are Leaders! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, Ministry Today and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - Sign me up!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click here to draw closer to God!