The SpiritLed Woman podcast is empowering women weekly to follow their purpose in Christ and boldly walk in faith. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
- "I believe in you."
- "It’s a blessing to be your mom/dad (grandma, aunt)."
- "I love you." Then be specific: "I love your smile (energy, caring heart, etc.)."
- "I noticed ... (you got your homework done, you have a new friend). That’s what I call responsibility (kindness, other character quality)."
- "Keep up the good work. You’re making progress!"
- "If more kids were like you, this world would be a better place."
- "There is a bright future ahead for you."
- "Thanks for what you did (helping, doing chores, doing homework, etc.)."
- "If all the 8-year-old girls (use child’s age) were lined up from all over the world and I could only pick one, I’d pick you."
- "I admire or am proud of you for (name a specific quality or trait)."
10 Negative Phrases Not to Say Because They Tear Kids Down:
- "You’re no good; you’ll never amount to anything."
- "If you don’t stop doing that, I’m going to leave you here (or go home without you)."
- "Why can’t you be more like your brother/sister?"
- "I can’t stand you."
- "You are so much trouble."
- "I can’t wait until you’re grown up and out of here."
- "Don’t you ever listen? Where are your brains?"
- "What’s wrong with you?"
- "You are stupid."
- "You’re giving me a headache (or stressing me out)."
Cheri Fuller is an inspirational speaker and award-winning author of The One Year Book of Praying Through the Bible (Tyndale) and 41 other books. For her resources, visit cherifuller.com.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?