You realize date night is an important part of your relationship, and you want to make sure it consistently happens—but your budget may be saying something totally different. What do you do? All Pro Dad has you covered.
Here are 10 ways to save on your date night:
1. Look for online discounts. Many restaurants and establishments offer coupons online that aren't offered in the store. Take a look online, and you may find some deals.
2. Be the chef. In our family, my wife does most (OK, almost all) of the cooking. So not only will it be cost effective to cook at home, but it can give you an opportunity to cater to your wife.
3. Go out early or late. My wife and I have taken advantage of half-priced appetizers at Applebee’s on several occasions. Some restaurants offer 1/2 price and discounted prices on off hours.
4. Utilize your memberships. If you have kids, you may have annual passes to museums, zoos, parks and attractions. I don’t think any of those agreements require you to bring your kids. So don’t. Play games and have fun with something you already paid for.
5. Trade babysitting with another couple. The inflation rate of babysitters’ fees outpaces the national average. It can be pricey with multiple kids. An alternative may be to trade babysitting duties and date nights with another couple. Your kids get a play date, and you get a date with no babysitting fees.
6. Visit your neighborhood coffee shop. Our oldest is old enough and mature enough to leave at home with her brothers for a quick date. A nearby Starbucks comes in handy when we just need to slip away for 30 minutes or so.
7. Put the kids to bed on time or even early. When you're able to get your kids in bed at a good time, you can have an hour or two of at-home date time ... which just happens to be free! Establish a timely bedtime routine and habit of maximizing the time after the kids are in bed.
8. Create a date night fund. Set aside money to be used specifically for dates. Watch for deals, sales and offers on things you can do for date night, and buy them when the price is best for you. Load up on discounted dates, and enjoy them when you are ready.
9. Pack lunches and meet on break. When you pack lunches for the kids, pack lunches for you and your wife. Agree to meet up for lunch at a spot in the middle of your places of work. Eat, talk, and get away from work both mentally and physically for that hour.
10. Get up early and work out. Exercising with your spouse is a fun and beneficial way to spend time. I like to start my day with it. If you both wake up early, you may be able work out before the kids wake up. It’s time together that is fun but also helps you in other ways.
All Pro Dad is Family First’s innovative and unique program for every father. Their aim is to interlock the hearts of the fathers with their children and, as a byproduct, the hearts of the children with their dads. At AllProDad.com, dads in any stage of fatherhood can find helpful resources to aid in their parenting. Resources include daily emails, blogs, Top 10 lists, articles, printable tools, videos and eBooks. From AllProDad.com, fathers can join the highly engaged All Pro Dad social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Best Magazine Deal. Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, SpiritLed Woman and Ministry Today, all for $24. YES - I want this deal!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click Here to draw closer to God!