Working on projects with your kids is a great way to spend your summer. You probably have plenty of items around the house that need attention, but those may not be the ideal project for you and your kids.
The best summer projects with dad will involve creating or repairing something the kids will get to enjoy when complete. Here are five fun projects you can do with your kids this summer.
1. Build a tree house. Nothing says fun for a kid like their very own tree house—especially one they helped build.
2. Create a website or blog. We are in the Google/Information Age, and kids are much more advanced than we were at their age. If your kid has an interest in computers, this will be a great project.
3. Install a basketball goal. A basketball goal at home can lead to endless hours of fun over the summer.
4. Grow something. Create a garden, plant a tree, plant flowers. Plant a garden with their favorite vegetables or herbs so they can enjoy eating the fruits of their labors.
5. Rebuild a computer or laptop. Do you have a kid interested in technology or who likes to take things apart? Encourage them and help them develop their skills by building a computer or laptop. You may have the next Bill Gates on your hands.
All Pro Dad is Family First’s innovative and unique program for every father. Their aim is to interlock the hearts of the fathers with their children and, as a byproduct, the hearts of the children with their dads. At AllProDad.com, dads in any stage of fatherhood can find helpful resources to aid in their parenting. Resources include daily emails, blogs, Top 10 lists, articles, printable tools, videos and eBooks. From AllProDad.com, fathers can join the highly engaged All Pro Dad social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Dare to go deeper in your faith. Our "Life in the Spirit" devotional takes you on a journey to explore who the Holy Spirit is, how to interact with Him, and how He works in your life. Are you ready to go deeper?