Solomon, one of the wisest men who ever lived, had a lot to say about a man who is foolish. The fool is dull, stupid, arrogant and a simpleton. As the primary author of Proverbs, Solomon warns us about granting a fool access to you and your inner circle.
If you’re going to grow in wisdom, you will need to surround yourself with wise men—mentors who can help guide you on the path toward success. Likewise, if you surround yourself with fools, they will have a very destructive influence in your life, paving the way to ruin.
Here are 12 warnings about fools:
- A fool doesn’t value learning a lesson (Prov. 1:7).
- A fool will mock and slander a successful man (Prov. 10:18).
- A fool has no moral restraint (Prov. 13:19).
- A fool is flippant toward sin and its judgment (Prov. 14:9).
- A fool can’t be trusted with important information (Prov. 14:33).
- A fool sniffs at his father’s instructions (Prov. 15:5).
- A fool is disrespectful toward his mother (Prov. 15:20).
- A fool doesn’t learn the lessons of pain (Prov. 17:10).
- A fool expresses arrogant disregard for God (Prov. 19:3).
- A fool stirs up strife in every room he enters (Prov. 20:3).
- A fool consumes all of his income (Prov. 21:20).
- A fool creates his own theology to justify his actions (Prov. 28:26).
Unfortunately, modern culture marginalizes manhood by portraying men as foolish. As authentic men, we must step up to the calling of wisdom and prove ourselves strong, intelligent, wise and discerning.
For the original article, visit fivestarman.com. Fivestarman was founded in 2008 by Neil Kennedy. Kennedy has passionately promoted God’s Word for 25-plus years of ministry. He is known for practically applying biblical principles that elevate people to a new level of living. As a business, church, ministry and life consultant, Kennedy has helped others strategize the necessary steps to reach their full potential.
Best Magazine Deal. Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Charisma, SpiritLed Woman and Ministry Today, all for $24. YES - I want this deal!
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Click Here to draw closer to God!