God has provided us with everything we need, not only in our physical bodies but also in nature. I want to share with you some of my favorite immune system fortifiers and boosters that my clients have come to love as well. They truly make a difference.
Just try any one of the following gifts from God’s garden, and experience a higher level of health.
10 Functional Foods That Build Immunity
1. Soy. Twenty-five grams of soy protein a day may help lower cholesterol and reduce heart disease risk. Soy may also fight osteoporosis.
2. Tomatoes. Cooked, canned or as ketchup, tomatoes are protective against prostate cancer when 10 servings are consumed each week. Tomatoes contain lycopene, which neutralizes harmful free radicals that can damage cells and trigger cancer.
3. Oats. Oats have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Grapes. Polyphenols or flavonoids in red grapes may lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
5. Tea. One cup of green or black tea per day could cut the risk of heart attack by 44 percent.
6. Citrus. Fruit and juices contain high levels of vitamin C, potassium and folic acid.
7. Fresh herbs. Herbs are used to enhance the natural flavor of foods, thereby discouraging the overuse of butter and salt.
8. Spinach. One serving of spinach per week can protect against colon cancer, twice weekly to prevent cataracts. Its vitamin K content helps to build strong bones.
9. Vegetables (cruciferous). Eaten two to three times a week, these help prevent colon and lung cancer.
10. Vegetables (beta-carotene). These are protective against heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Dare to go deeper in your faith. Our "Life in the Spirit" devotional takes you on a journey to explore who the Holy Spirit is, how to interact with Him, and how He works in your life. Are you ready to go deeper?