Proverbs 4:20–22 guarantees that God’s words will be life to you—when you find them. Not only are they life, but they are also “health to all (your) flesh.” The Hebrew word translated “health” in this passage can also mean “cure” or “remedy.” God is saying His Word works as a medicine.
But as with any medicine, you must take it as prescribed. God has put a literal blueprint for your health within the pages of the Bible. If you want to be healthy, remember God’s Word above all things!
The Bible is full of advice on how we should live here on earth. I think of it as a believer’s owner’s manual. When you buy a new car, bicycle, or toaster oven, do you read the owner’s manual?
If you’re like most of us, you probably don’t—until something goes wrong. But I’ll bet you’d agree that you would be better prepared if you did read the manual as soon as you bought the new item, and that it’s the best source for finding information on that product.
Your life is much more precious than any material thing you can buy. Take time to read your owner’s manual every day. That way you will be prepared for any problems that come up in life—including health problems.
Make a change today.
I cannot overstate the importance of reading God’s Word—it will literally bring you life spiritually and physically. Here are some tips that will help you develop a habit of feeding your spirit with the Word of God each day.
• Decide to read your owner’s manual now. Make a commitment to God that you will read and heed His Word—not just in spiritual matters but in health matters as well.
• Make a date. Just as you write other commitments on your calendar or in your daily planner, schedule time to spend in God’s Word. Is any appointment more important?
• Tell your friends and family. By sharing with others your intention to read and heed God’s Word, you will hold yourself accountable (and so might they).
• Find a Bible buddy. Ask your spouse, neighbor, friend, sister, or brother to join you each day in reading the Word. If you can’t meet face-to-face, touch base by phone or e-mail to share what you gleaned.
• Keep a journal. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Write down the chapter and verses you read. Think about how those verses apply to your own situation and briefly record your thoughts.
“My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing and health to all their flesh. (Prov. 4:20–22)
Let’s pray together: God, You want me healthy. You want me well. Your words are life to me. They are medicine to all my flesh. I commit today to read and apply Your Word with active, living faith to my spirit, soul, and body. I am expecting and will experience a happy, healthier future. In Jesus’s name, amen.
Charisma's Special Anointing Bundle. Get Charisma magazine plus these 2 Books - The Deborah Anointing & The Esther Anointing for only $24.97. Subscribe Now!
Hearing God's voice changes everything. You'll gain clarity, purpose and direction for your life. Start your journey to live your Life in the Spirit. Click here to draw closer to God!