Bomb blasts rocked the city of Boston Monday afternoon during the Boston Marathon, killing two people and injuring more than 140. The first explosion took place at approximately 2:50 p.m. near the finish line of the marathon as runners were finishing the race. The second explosion occurred approximately 15 seconds after the first, at a distance of 50 to 100 yards from the initial blast. There was also a third explosion heard near the JFK Library.
The bombings are being considered a terrorist attack and are being investigated as such. News sources report that police are investigating a person of interest who was injured by one of the blasts. Washington, D.C., and New York City are also taking security measures to prevent any possible attacks, including the deployment of counter-terrorism units to key landmarks and hotels.
This is serious, and it displays the reality that we are a targeted nation, both physically and spiritually.
Please pray with us:
1. First and foremost, that the Lord would work this together for good and for His purpose. It obviously wasn't His will for this to happen, but He is a redeeming God and can make even the most ugly situations beautiful and full of hope. (Rom. 8:28)
2. Pray that God would comfort the families who have lost loved ones in this attack and give peace and healing to those who have been injured. Also pray comfort and healing over the city of Boston. (2 Cor. 1:3-5)
3. Pray for the exposure of any other possible bomb threats and/or terrorist attacks. Ask the Lord to give wisdom to the authorities as they take security measures to ensure the safety and protection of their cities. (Luke 12:2)
4. Ask the Lord to bring to justice those who are responsible for these attacks. (Amos 5:24; Rom. 12:19)
5. Pray for America. Ask the Lord for mercy on our nation and for Him to guard our nation with His peace and security. Declare that the hand of the enemy cannot touch this land! (Psalm 91)
The Charisma Podcast Network is now live. Featuring a variety of programs including news, leadership, inspiring stories, women's topics, sports, and even more.
Subscribe now for free!