At the threshold of this New Year, people everywhere are concerned. Escalating political, economic and social unrest have caused many, even believers, to become perplexed and fearful about the future. Jesus warned us that before His return, perilous times would come. But thank God, He has provided a way for us to not only survive but even thrive during even the most difficult of times. Allow me to illustrate.
My family and I are certified scuba divers. One of the first things I learned as a diver is that inclement weather doesn't necessarily indicate that you're going to have a bad dive. As a matter of fact, the storms can be raging on the surface, but deep below the divers are experiencing a spectacular kaleidoscope of colorful choral and tropical fish.
In relation to this upcoming year, the Lord has spoken to me of rough weather ahead. So, in anticipation, let's all recognize the stormy seas, determine to dive deep and experience the peace of God. 2012 will be a great year as we hear His voice and obey His every command.
1. The nuclear arms race will continue to escalate, giving arrogant dictators unprecedented power. The instability of the Middle East creates fear, which in turn produces irrational behavior through its leadership. Christians must pray that covert operations are exposed before damage can be done.
2. Martyrdom will continue to escalate as radical religious groups lose tolerance with aggressive Christians. Approximately 175,000 Christians are martyred every year. This will take place both in the U.S. and abroad. Christians should pray for their persecuted brethren.
3. There will be an obvious creation of a new world philosophy with the blending of religions as its core. Traditional belief systems will seem antiquated as a new understanding of the world system is revealed through media and political propaganda. Pray that the Holy Spirit exposes this onslaught of New Age nonsense.
4. In 2012, countries will continue to yield to immigrants in order to keep their sovereignty. The low birthrate will be so alarming that laws will be changed in order to accommodate the population influx from other nations. In turn, many conservative nations will become radically anti-democratic.
5. Persecution will increase in the United States, separating true followers of Christ from Sunday morning believers.
6. The baptism of the Holy Spirit will continue to be relegated to the back room as to not offend the seekers of a more relaxed religion. Christians pray for a HOLY GHOST REVIVAL!
Christians! Don't be shocked at this avalanche of worldwide events. God is omniscient and is in TOTAL control. These things, and many more, must come to pass in order to usher in the anti-Christ. Banks MUST fail in order to incorporate the one world banking system. The BIG boys will overtake the entire monetary system while the small players sit by helplessly hanging on. Giants like China and India will continue to crush the competition while the rest of the corporate world fights to stay alive.
Relax Christians! There must be a shaking and sifting before God's System can rise to the occasion. In 2012, you are safe investing in God's economy, and super-safe storing up treasures in Heaven where moth and rust cannot corrupt.
About the author: Steve Hill is the founder of Heartland Church in Las Colinas, Texas. He is perhaps best known as the evangelist for the Brownsville revival in Pensacola, Fla.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?