Editor's Note: Ken Malone shared this prophetic word with us, which was given during a recent meeting in Tampa, Fla., and judged to be for America and the American church. It is about the ending of a season from June until the end of September 2011 and of the Lord's ekklesia entering a new era beginning in October that will position the church for the future.
This new era will be marked by the following:
- Signs and wonders will go to a new level
- We will take on a new identity
- The gifts will rise to a new level
- There will be an increase in revelation
- There will be a harvest of souls
Era is defined this way: a period of time marked by distinctive character, events, etc.; the period of time to which anything belongs or is to be assigned.
The Lord said: “Call for the ekklesia to go after God during the months of August and September. Separate unto the Lord so that the ekklesia finishes well and enters the new era properly. I am calling on the church to go after God over the next two months. Set aside your agenda and plans and separate yourself unto the Lord. Enter into a Joel 2:15-17 season with the Lord.”
Here is what Joel 2:15-17 says: “Blow a trumpet in Zion, consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly, gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children and the nursing infants. Let the bridegroom com out of his room and the bride out of her bridal chamber. Let the priests, the Lord’s ministers, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare Thy people, O Lord, and do not make Thine inheritance a reproach, a byword among the nations. Why should they among the peoples say, 'Where is their God?'”
Here's what you can do over the next two months:
- Pastors, consecrate yourself. Go after Him personally. Call for your congregation to go after the Lord over the next two months. Set aside services to go after Christ over the next two months.
- Worship leaders, set your affections on Christ over the next two months.
- Prayer leaders, set aside this time to go after God.
- Body of Christ, go after God for the next two months. Cancel your plans and go after His.
- Government leaders, make Christ your priority over the next two months.
- Business leaders, consecrate yourself and your business unto the Lord.
- Educators, devote yourself to the Lord.
Intimacy: Enter into a place of renewed passion and love for Christ.
Removal: Ask the Lord to remove anything in you that is not of Him.
Devotion: Simple devotion to Christ. Give your life again to Him.
Study: Get into His Word.
Tie up loose ends: Ask the Lord to show you. It will be different for everyone.
Fasting: Joel 2 was marked by corporate and personal fasting.
Prayer: Stir yourself up to active prayer.
Solitude: Set aside time to get alone with the Lord.
Renewal: Let there be a removal of the old. Ask the Lord to remove the old in order for the new to take root.
Communion: Celebrate the Lord’s Supper personally and corporately.
There will be a grace to do this. Don’t strive to enter—just move into finishing well through His grace. We need the remnant. The Lord does not need the masses—He needs the remnant who will give their life to Him. Will you be a part of that remnant who will cause America to finish well?
About the Author: Ken Malone is an ordained minister and the founder of Forerunner School and Ministry in Champions Gate, Fla. (forerunner-ministries.org). He serves on the board of Dutch Sheets Ministries and is the apostolic coordinator for the Florida Alliance for Reformation, which is a part of the United States Alliance for Reformation.
The Charisma Podcast Network is now live. Featuring a variety of programs including news, leadership, inspiring stories, women's topics, sports, and even more.
Subscribe now for free!