Every believer is privy to special things, such as wisdom, eternal life and God’s inheritance. But the Holy Spirit allows us to tap into these gifts in ways you may not have considered.
One thing you must know is that a benefit of coming to Christ is you become part of a family! Ephesians 2:19 tells us that Jesus causes us to be “no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.” Because of Jesus you are part of a new race of men and a new family. So what do you need to know about this family?
- You were born into it! (See John 3:3; unless you are born again you cannot see the kingdom of God).
- You were delivered from the old tyrannical domain of Satan and transferred to a new realm. “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love” (Col. 1:13).
- You are now an heir of God. “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together” (Rom. 8:16-17).
Jesus Christ redeemed us from the curse by His death, paid our debt and has called us to an eternal inheritance (see Hebrews 9:15). As heirs of God you now have access to the benefits of an inheritance that can never be exhausted! It is forever unlimited. Everything in the natural on earth will end at death. Your benefits in the inheritance roll into your eternal domain with you!
You have access to God’s wisdom and God becomes your portion(see Ecclesiastes 7:11 and Psalm 16:5). That wisdom is necessary for those who would wisely use their inheritance! The New Testament gives the same promise of revelation knowledge! You have inside access to God’s wisdom. Wisdom, in Scripture, is knowing what to do!
Notice that this inheritance comes with the Holy Spirit. It is guaranteed, and He releases revelation knowledge and the spirit of wisdom. This opens your spiritual eyes to see all that God has for you. Look closely at God’s management of your life. There are seven gifts of God’s wisdom and five promises of your inheritance in Him.
The Seven Gifts of God’s Wisdom
- God orders your steps (Ps. 17:23).
- God gives good things (Ps. 16:6).
- God gives counsel through dreams and visions (Ps. 16:7).
- An awareness of His continual presence (Ps. 16:8).
- Removal of fleshly anxiety (Ps. 16:9).
- Clear direction for the abundant life (Ps. 16:10-11).
- Fills us with joy and pleasure (Ps. 16:11).
Five Promises of Your Inheritance
- A lifetime guarantee: “The Lord knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever” (Ps. 37:18). All of our earthly stuff has a time and wear limit! God gives us a lasting release of favor.
- Life of fullness at all times: “They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied” (Ps. 37:19). Even when things are bad and evil lifts its ugly head, God will satisfy!
- A generous prosperity: “For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth, but those cursed by Him shall be cut off” (Ps. 37:22). Here it is clear that those who are heirs of God understand the power of giving and will receive financial prosperity.
- Recovery from failure: “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand” (Ps. 37:23-24). Here again we see the benefit of God’s direction. Along the way we may fall, but God is holding our hand. He allows us to learn from those times we leave His path. He still holds our hand and lifts us up! Hallelujah!
- A lasting legacy: “I have been young and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread” (Ps. 37:25). Here is the promise that you will pass down what God has given. He will not forsake us or those who follow us!
Prayer releases the inheritance. You must stay in touch through prayer to receive what God has. Psalm 2:8 says, “Ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession.” God says, “Ask Me” and the world is yours! Prayer moves the resources of the earth and heaven into place for believers. Angels operate on behalf of those who are heirs, and miraculous wealth transfers from the world. Activate your faith and position yourself to receive.
Adapted from An Essential Guide to Baptism in the Holy Spirit by Ron Phillips, copyright 2011, published by Charisma House. The author demonstrates how the power of the Holy Spirit can help us to live godly lives, preach the good news, drive out devils, heal the sick, and see God’s kingdom grow. To order a copy click on this link:
PRAYER POWER FOR THE WEEK OF 10-22-2012
This week stay in touch with God through prayer to release your inheritance and ask. Thank Him for it and ask Him to make you aware of all that is yours as one of His heirs. Thank Him that He orders your steps and that His plans for you are good plans for your future and hope. Continue to pray for our nation and Israel’s protection. Also pray for the upcoming elections, and the safety of the candidates, their families, and campaign workers. Seek the Lord for His wisdom as you vote. Rom. 8:16-17; Ps. 37:18-26
To enrich your prayer life and learn how to strategically pray with power by using appropriate Scriptures, we recommend the following sources by Apostle John Eckhardt: Prayers that Rout Demons, Prayers that Bring Healing, Prayers that Release Heaven on Earth and Prayers that Break Curses. To order any or all of these click here.
Charisma's Special Anointing Bundle. Get Charisma magazine plus these 2 Books - The Deborah Anointing & The Esther Anointing for only $24.97. Subscribe Now!
Hearing God's voice changes everything. You'll gain clarity, purpose and direction for your life. Start your journey to live your Life in the Spirit. Click here to draw closer to God!