The children of Israel went on a journey through the wilderness before they entered their promised land. In this entire journey, God was working to accomplish one thing: to prepare a people for Himself. He was teaching them that they could trust Him; from trust He would lead them into the fullness of His promise. He is the same today and is doing His will the same today. God is working in your life to teach you and strengthen your faith so that you can enter into the blessing He has prepared for you.So let God take you on His journey. Learn the lessons of the wilderness. Receive His instruction. In every situation, commit your life to Him so you can be fully prepared to enter the promise.
I see 10 issues we need to understand as we come through this next wilderness season. Some of you have been in a wilderness season long enough. Others are entering in a season that should not be prolonged. And some are ready to come out of a wilderness and see their promise fulfilled.
- Look for your time of opening into the next season (Gen. 8:6). At the end of 40 days Noah opened the window of the ark and sent out a raven and then a dove. He waited until he saw a sign of land that he needed. Declare an open window of heaven and look for the sign from the Lord that your wilderness is ending.
- Look for a shift from mourning to joy (Gen. 50:3). Biblically, mourning has a set period of time. They mourned the loss of Joseph for 40 days. Many of us are going through mourning seasons. However, let God break your mourning into dancing. Make a list of how death is keeping you hostage, and declare that the power of loss and robbing must end at the end of this period.
- Get ready to receive revelation regarding God’s covenant plan for your future (Exod. 24:18; 14:28). Moses waited 40 days. And God gave him the boundaries for the future generation.
- In your time of searching, do not let your perspective overtake God’s reality (Num. 13:25). During your searching time, let God reveal the intricacies of your promise. However, do not let the vision of war overtake you.
- Allow this time to be one of developing an inner responsibility so you can steward the riches that God has to release to you in the future. This is a key time to look at the stewardship issues of your life. You may be linked into a wilderness issue of supply. Be willing to change and take what God has given you and invest in a new way (Num. 14:34; Luke 19).
- Use this as a time of repentance (Deut. 9:18). One key reason for wilderness times is to use the time to change your mind and think the way God thinks. Allow the Lord to place His finger on what you must turn from so you can find your path out of the wilderness.
- Experience the wilderness as a time of mercy (Deut. 10:10). Even though the people fell into idolatry when Moses went on Mount Sinai the first time, God let him go up again. Know that past mistakes can be rectified quickly. During this next 40 days, look for your second-chance times.
- Do not agree with any atmosphere of unbelief. This is not a time to fear the voice of the giant (1Sam. 17:16). Goliath taunted God’s covenant people 40 days. The devil will try to convince you during your wilderness season that he will overcome you. He might speak, but do not receive his lies.
- Reconcile corporate vision (Ezek. 4:9) Ezekiel interceded for Judah for 40 days. Review corporate failures that you have experienced.
- Develop spiritual discipline (Matt. 4:2). Jesus fasted during His wilderness time so He would stay alert to the enemy.
The triumphant release has begun. This is a time to expect visitation (Acts 1:3). Count each day as a day that you will have a new level arise, and you will enter a new power to overcome.
God is developing a new level of power within His people. The church must not continue hanging on to the last season of power, which is not enough for this new season. Power is the ability to act or produce an effect. When power is processed by faith properly, we see authority demonstrated (Matt 8). Even though you might feel weak now, get ready to receive power. Let your wilderness time develop a new strength and power in you. He gives us power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy.
Adapted from Time to Defeat the Devil by Chuck Pierce, copyright 2011, published by Charisma House. This book will help you see how God reconciles the past and brings any defeats you may have experienced in previous seasons to victories and triumphs in the new one. To order a copy click on this link.
PRAYER POWER FOR THE WEEK OF 1/9/2012
This week allow God to endue you with power as He promised, so that you can experience a new level to overcome every situation and accomplish all He has for you in this season. Join others who are fasting and praying for revival and for the nation. Continue to pray for Israel, the persecuted church, our military, current and future leaders of our churches and our country. Ask for opportunities to exercise your faith to minister as He leads with the power of the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8
To enrich your prayer life and learn how to strategically pray with power by using appropriate scriptures, we recommend the following sources by Apostle John Eckhardt: Prayers that Rout Demons, Prayers that Bring Healing, Prayers that Release Heaven on Earth and Prayers that Break Curses. To order any or all of these click here.
Draw closer to God. Experience the presence of the Holy Spirit every month as you read Charisma magazine. Sign up now to get Charisma for as low as $1 per issue.
Get to know the Holy Spirit and how to interact with Him on a daily basis. Learn to enter God's presence and hear His voice clearly for yourself! Go deeper in your faith with Life in the Spirit and change your life and destiny. Are you ready to start your journey?